FUE Hair Transplant in Birmingham
FUE hair transplant is a life changing and one of the most advanced surgical procedures available today. If you are from Birmingham then don’t worry because there are many reputed clinics offering FUE hair transplant and other procedures as well. It is no scar, no stitch and no pain procedure that provide long-lasting results.
About FUE hair transplant
In FUE hair transplant surgery, an instrument is used to make a small, circular incision in the skin around a follicular unit, separating it from the surrounding tissue. The unit is then extracted (pulled) directly from the scalp, leaving a small open hole. This process is repeated until the hair transplant surgeon has harvested enough follicular units for the planned hair restoration. This process can take one or more hours and in large sessions
Who is eligible for FUE hair transplant?
Those with healthy hair growth in the donor areas are ideal candidate for FUE hair transplant. A surgeon considers various factors while assessing a patient’s candidacy for FUE hair transplant. These are:
- General health
- Cause of hair loss
- Density of hair in the donor area
- Other causes of hair loss have been ruled out.
- No medical contraindications to surgery.
- Number of grafts that can be harvested from the donor area
- Number of grafts needed to achieve best results
- Skin type
- Chances of future hair loss
What is the procedure of FUE hair transplant?
The procedure of FUE hair transplant is performed under local anaesthesia. By extracting follicular units out of donor area the surgeons begins the procedure. The grafts are then kept in a holding solution till the time recipient area is prepared. Lastly, the extracted follicles are then implanted to create the hairline as per consultation with the patient.
The risk factor
As this technique is safe and minimally invasive, the risk can be further reduced by instruction provided by the physician on pre and post operative care. However, there are some risk factors that depend upon various things that are:
- Treatment performed by unlicensed physician
- Use of robotic techniques or flawed machines
- Patient’s health condition
Who should not go for FUE hair transplant?
FUE hair transplant is not suitable for those who have lack of proper supply of quality head, body or beard hair. Some other situations are:
- Patient who are below 24 years are not suitable for the procedure.
- People suffering from scar hypotherapy
- People with clotting abnormalities
- People with curly follicles such as of African descendants (will go through a test procedure for suitability)
Can someone do other treatment simultaneously?
As it is a surgical procedure, one should consult a physician before opting for another treatment simultaneously with this one.
FUE hair transplant for men
The main cause of hair thinning in men is Androgenic Alopecia commonly known as male pattern baldness. FUE hair transplant is suitable for men who are experiencing some degree of hair loss.
FUE hair transplant for women
Similar to men, FUE hair transplant is suitable for women as well. FUE hair transplant is a permanent solution for women who are suffering from hair thinning.
Before and after the therapy
Instructions before 3 days from the procedure:
- leaning of the scalp on a daily basis for three days
- Do not apply any chemicals in Hair
- Avoid consuming alcoholic liquor
Instructions after 3 days from the procedure:
- Avoid Hair wash
- Avoid direct sun light
- Avoid alcohol for three days
- Avoid contact with UV rays by covering your head with hat, etc.
- Avoid smoking
- No tough exercise for a certain period of time
- Placing the head high while sleeping after the surgery for a few nights.
Why to opt for FUE hair transplant in Birmingham
Follicular Units Extraction or FUE is a minimally invasive surgical procedure that provides natural looking results. Nu Hair Clinic provides both surgical as well as non-surgical procedure with the help of qualified and experienced doctors and state-of-the-art facilities. Our surgeons are extremely knowledgeable and we have trained and qualified staff to provide best results.
How to find us
43 George Road Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 1PL
Call us FREE : 08000 30 29 30